BLOGMAS 8 || 4 Must See Christmas Movies


I am one of those people who watch Christmas Movies all year round. However, I figure it's much more acceptable to talk about them during the month of December. Nothing beats cosying up on a rainy Sunday afternoon with a cup of tea in hand and a Christmas movie playing. Over the years my list of favourites have certainly changed, but this year I have found a few new faves...


1) Klaus - Available on Netflix
This movie HAS to be my Christmas movie of 2019.It's been on Netflix since the middle of November and I have probably watched it over 10 times. IT'S JUST SO GOOD. From the clumsy, like-able postman to the first grumpy turned chatty toy maker this film has so much character! In brief the film follows the motto of 'One act of kindness can inspire another' something we all should take into our own lives. It's worth a watch immediately - oh and did I mention how gorgeous the animation is! 5 STARS!!!


2) The Grinch - DVD 
Nothing says 'It's Christmas' quite like The Grinch. It's probably one of my favourites too considering it's such a classic and how timeless it has become! This movie is also on my list of movies to watch on Christmas Eve too as it gets me completely in the festive spirit. I'm sure I don't need to tell you a rough storyline but incase you've been living under a rock, The Grinch tells the tale of someone who's on a mission to steal Christmas with his sidekick dog Max. However his mood quickly changes after meeting little Cindy Lou and he soon finds he has a new friend! (Probably should mention the NEW Grinch movie, however that's not as enjoyable as the OG version)


3) Arthur Christmas - DVD & Netflix
This movie has been another favourite of mine since it's release in 2011. It's one of those films that not many people talk about! To me, I loved the modern take on a classic Christmas tale. The storyline, graphics and many many rubbish jokes keep me coming back for more and it's another movie on my Christmas Eve viewing list.


4) Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer The Movie - DVD
Now THIS is the film of my childhood. Before my cousins and I grew too cool to get together and spend Christmas Eve as a family, we would always watch this movie. I have so many happy memories from this film and was so excited to find it being sold on Amazon! Annoyingly it's in German and I have to change the country every time I want to watch it, but what a small price to pay for a lifetime of memories (lol). Another great film to pop on your list - the music is pretty nostalgic too! 

So that's my top 4 Christmas movies. Most of them are unchanged from last years post with the small addition of Klaus. Please let me know what you're fave movies are as I would be VERY interested in investigating further myself! 

Until next time, x

2 comments

  1. What about Elf? My fav so far. I like all the above a lot apart the Grinch. Good selection.

    www.mariesconnections.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marie,

    Thanks for commenting! I agree, ELF is a great one! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox