BLOGMAS 17 || THE CHRISTMAS TAG


It's taken until December 17th, but here it is. My Blogmas Christmas Tag! I will own up to the fact I have found Blogmas tricky to achieve this year. I spent an evening before it began planning what posts I wanted to go up on each day and pretty much every one, bar one or two, have been moved days before as I've been unable to get decent photographs or time to do them. I had initially thought about writing and scheduling them in advance, but didn't think they would be as organic. This is coming back to bite me on the bum though as this week is extremely busy! Not only is it the last week before Christmas Day, but it's also my final week at work before I start a new job in Jan. We have a Christmas lunch, Christmas party, final shopping and countless mince pies to consume! So excuse this post, I know it's less exciting to the usual Blogmas posts but one I enjoy reading all the same! If you wish to join in I have left the blank questions at the bottom and tag you all! 

The Christmas Tag

Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I didn't even know it was a thing to open presents on Christmas Eve! We've always been a Christmas Day kind of family and I don't think this will ever change. This year my brother is coming to us in the morning to keep our present opening tradition the same despite moving out in October. I can't wait to see him as have missed him so much.

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
My opinion on this one has changed over the years! As a family we've always had a real tree and nothing has ever compared to the smell or festive feeling of having one. BUT I have in the recent years purchased a couple of fake ones for my bedroom as well as in a room that the cat gets near! I love these ones just as much and love how Christmassy it makes everything feel! 

You have been granted one Christmas wish... what will it be?
Without dampening the mood...My Christmas wish would be for my little Luna to come home. Wish this EVERY day. 

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
My Christmas Eve traditions have changed over the years but are still so special to us. We like to visit our local church's Christmas Eve Christingle service followed by a light dinner (in prep for the massive meal the next day). We also snuggle up and watch a Christmas movie of some kind before I give mum her Christmas Eve pjs. We always match and it's a new tradition of ours! 

What sits on top of your tree?
This is going to be a funny answer and is VERY random. We have a Mickey Mouse head at the top of our tree that was gifted to us from Walt Disney World a couple of years ago. It was supposed to be a bauble, but is extremely large and didn't look right/didn't feel safe hanging so we now tie it to the top and it looks beautiful - not very traditional though! 

Have you ever had a White Christmas?
I don't think we have ever had a white Christmas that I can remember in the UK. It's always been Frosty, but I don't remember ever having snow on the ground. 

Can you name all of Santa's Reindeers?
There's Dasher and Donna and Cupid and Blitzen. Dancer, prancer and Rudolph?!?! (I've just checked and I'm missing Vixen so close!) 

Have you been naughty or nice this year? Be honest!
I won't lie to you, I have had quite a tricky year. Dealing with the loss of Luna amongst over things has been hard to deal with. With this being said I think I have been kind and thoughtful still so hope I will be on the nice list.

Which do you enjoy more? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I love Christmas Day don't get me wrong, but nothing beats the excitement and festive cheer of the anticipation of Christmas Eve. I find Christmas Day to be quite overwhelming and a time of high anxiety! 

What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?
This is a funny one. My family have always done Turkey for Christmas Day along with all the trimmings. A couple of years ago my brother and I finally decided to let our parents know our hatred for Turkey and that we only ate it to keep them happy. Ever since we have always had gammon and BOY is it delicious! Obviously we need all of the trimmings still, peas, parsnips, Brussels and bacon, pigs In blankets! 

Do you have an Advent Calendar each year?
Yes I do! This year I actually have 3! 2 chocolate and 1 beauty! 

Do you send out Christmas cards?
I send cards out to my immediate family and a few work colleagues, but I don't tend to send to every tom, dick or harry anymore. I let my mum sort those out! 

So there we have it the Christmas tag! I would love to read your posts if you happen to get involved with this one! 

Until next time, 


Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
You have been granted one Christmas wish…what will it be?
Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
What sits on top of your tree?
Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Have you been naughty or nice this year? Be honest!
Which do you enjoy more? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
What do you eat for Christmas dinner?
Do you have an Advent Calendar each year?
Do you send out Christmas cards?

7 comments

  1. Can I join in on this? I wanted to do one like this at the end of November but no one ever responded to my comment about it on my blog post.
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Please do, I would love to read it xxx

      Delete
    2. Hi! Quick question- Is there a graphic you would like me to use for this or would you like me to just do a Christmasy picture? Just checking haha :)
      http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
      -Izzy

      Delete
    3. I think I'm going to go ahead and post it today, but if you need me to edit it to use a graphic or a photo please let me know! <3 :)
      http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
      -Izzy

      Delete
    4. Hey hey,

      Please do use whichever Image you would like :) I found the tag online so just found images that worked for me <3 xx

      Delete
    5. Okay great, thank you so much! Sorry for asking you so many questions haha.

      Delete

  2. I agree with you very much, and I also like your content. From now on, I will continue to follow your articles.
    By the way,I likedesigner backpacks

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox