BLOGMAS 7 || Personalise your Christmas



I'm aware today's Blogmas post is very niche, but what's Christmas without a little bit of DIY?! Craft lovers like me, this ones for you!

Nothing says a personal present like something handmade and honestly there are so many quick and easy projects you can do around this time of year which make great gifts if you're on a budget or just enjoy making something a little more personal. For me, I always make one or two special gifts. This year so far I have already made Christmas wreaths (which you can read about here) and an advent calendar, but I have another couple of present ideas in mind. I purchased a Cricut craft machine this year that has helped with a lot of my gifting projects, but a lot of what I have planned to make can be done using basic stationary. 

The first mini Christmas project is a personalised bauble for my brother Daniel and Emma to celebrate their first Christmas in their new house (I hope they're not reading!). I purchased this bauble from Wilko as it had the date on the back which I thought would be nice to act as a time stamp for them, but lots of high street shops and online sell these clear baubles. I've included some ideas down below of what you can do, but for me I am going to be using a basic font on my Cricut machine to write 'Daniel and Emma - First Christmas in our new home' on. You could also use a variety of sharpies, sticky letters or stencils to write onto the bauble too but just be careful not to smudge. I'm using black sheets of sticky back vinyl for mine. I was so pleased with how this turned out! 






My next craft has been this gorgeous framed 'print'. The frame cost £3 from Wilko and the print was actually an old Christmas card that I loved and didn't want to throw away. This is such a great way to reuse your favourite cards and a good way to keep hold of the 'special' ones we all know and love. 



Finally if you know me, you know I love a bit of gift wrapping, but it's always fun to make it look a little bit different and creative. Simply drawing onto the wrapping paper! This craft only works if you're using plain paper, but I love how unique you can make it! The fun of it too is that you can do as little or as much as you would like. Names can be included as well to double up as a gift tag and you can make personalise to the recipients taste too! See the ideas below! 





I hope you liked this post, I know it's a bit of a different one but thought it would be fun to share! 

Until next time, 


No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox