May Birchbox Review!


It's about that time in the month, when I share my latest discoveries in beauty thanks to my subscription to Birchbox! 

First of all, I will admit I probably should have taken a picture of the box before I destroyed it by scratching off all the silver detail, but look how cute it is! This months box was based around being for the dreamers. If you scratched off the top of your box and were one of the lucky two then you won a holiday! For me, unfortunately, this was not the case so I guess I am still dreaming! Before receiving this box, we were able to choose one of the products that went inside which made me as excited as ever when this came in the post!


 In the middle of last month we were asked to choose which Spectrum makeup sponge it was that we would like to receive. You could either pick the pink sponge, which is for applying makeup to forehead, cheeks and chin, OR the purple sponge, which is for applying foundation and concealer around the nose and eye. I went for the purple one as I feel that I will  be able to get more use out of it. I am so excited to try it as I love a good beauty sponge! 

The first surprise goodie I recieved in my box was the LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in Empress Me RRP £8. I love this kind of product where you can apply it using the product and then rub it in using fingers. It makes the makeup process so easy and is going to be perfect for my holiday makeup bag! Next I recieved the Philip Kingsley PK Prep Polishing Balm RRP £18.50. If you read my last Birchbox post you might have noted me saying that I am feud of receiving hair products in these boxes as I think they are an easy filler! However I am keen to try this on the ends of my hair as they are looking a little bit dry and to be honest it could do a cut! Then I got the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet RRP £23.00. I am so excited to try this out! I have heard some amazing things about the company off of other bloggers and you tubers but never knew where to get my hands on it. This product says it is going to Hydrate, reduce redness and instantly smooth skin. That sounds like all good things to me! Next was Puriskin Resurfacing Formula RRP £13.99. Again this product pretty much says it all. It's a cream that comes in a cute little tube. You can use this on the face and the body so it makes it a perfect handbag essential! Finally we were given a teeny tiny sample of the Yu-Be Moisturising Skin Cream RRP £19.50. This is another cream that you can pretty much apply everywhere. It states that it can be used on lips, legs and anywhere you have dry skin. Again this sounds amazing in the run up to the summer holidays! 


Finally a good Birchbox delivery! I will not be the last to say that I have felt disappointed in the boxes that I had received in the past couple of months. I was constantly being sent hair products which left me feeling rather frustrated! I am glad that I recieved a better selection this time! 

Hope you enjoyed this blogpost! If you liked this then you might like to read my other Birchbox hauls, which you can see HERE: April 2016 + March 2016.

Thanks for reading!
Lots of love, 



No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox