Beauty | ICONIC London Gift Set Review


In an attempt to minimise the sound of everything that's going on in the world right now, I thought I would throw it back to a good old makeup review. I love making these posts and know how comforting they can be to read, plus it's always handy having an honest unpaid opinion if you're going to be buying something!


ICONIC London is a makeup brand that I discovered through hundreds of influencer ads on Instagram. When Harrod's beauty opened up in Lakeside, which you can read about HERE, I was excited to see a whole stand of ICONIC products and I was impressed! When Boots.com started uploading their Christmas gift sets in October I instantly saw that ICONIC had pulled one together that featured all of their best selling products in full size for the price of just one highlighter, so sent it to my family as a gift idea. I went back onto the link a few hours later to see it sold out and didn't hold much hope. Much to my surprise my dad had gone onto the link right away to purchase it and I'm so chuffed to have got my hands on it! 



First of all the little gift set comes in this gorgeous pink and rose gold makeup bag which is the best size for travelling, remember when we could do that! Sometimes makeup bags that come as part of a gift set can look a little cheap, but I would probably buy this on its own if it was being sold somewhere. When looking at the most known ICONIC London product it has to be the Illuminator, and honestly this was probably the product that most made me want this gift set. The product is applied using a little pipette and is easy to blend onto the skin with your fingertips. I've also found that a little goes a long way with it so I know it's going to last me a while which is good. The set also included a Prep, Set & Glow spray in the shade Original. This gives you the best glow once you have finished applying your makeup. I also enjoyed applying it on it's own to make my skin look awake on the days when I wasn't wearing anything but skincare between Christmas and New Years! Then I was excited to see The Brow Silk Kit which includes the formula in a compact container with mirror and toothbrush shaped brush. Again this product was one I had seen lots of influencers use over the last year and was always sceptical to how easy it was to use. The brush initially surprised me as it seems supersized compared to the size of your brows, however this isn't the case and it works perfectly capturing all of the hairs. Next was a product I hadn't actually heard much about, but after a couple weeks trying now am obsessed with. The Triple Threat Mascara in Black, has a long compact plastic brush that catches every single lash possible! I have only applied it on my top lashes but love the length it gives them. The only negative thing about it is that it's not waterproof. As someone who can sometimes get watery eyes, it's been an emotional year lol, this can be a problem and when I say this mascara runs.... it runs trust me! Perhaps I should save this one for happy occasions only! Finally, the Sheer Blush in Power Pink is the perfect cream blusher. You apply this with soft fingertips onto the cheeks mainly, but it also looks super pretty dabbed onto the lips for a sheer neutral lip. I was initially a little bit shocked when I first swatched it as it is very bright, however when applied it can be easily blended.





So there we have it, the ICONIC London gift set from Boots. I am so chuffed that I have this gift set as I genuinely had been wanting to try all of these products for so long now but never could justify spending the money on myself for them. I already know that the mascara, highlighter and glow spray will be staples in my, very little and neutral, makeup routine now so would highly recommend them! 

I hope you enjoyed this little throwback to how blogging used to be for me in ye old days!  It's so exciting trying new makeup and writing this post and giving everything a proper test brought back my passion for this kind of blogging again. So expect more of this style this year!

Stay safe and take care. 

Until next time x





No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox