Lifestyle : A trip to Buckingham Palace | OOTD


London is probably one of my favourite cities to visit, although I'm  probably being extremely biased only living a stones throw away from it! As much as I love London, it's very rare that I actually do any of the 'tourist' attractions that it has to offer. Unless you count Oxford Street shopping as an attraction - that's one thing I definitely have done enough of in my time! 

Last year my mum and I visited Buckingham Palace as part of a girlie weekend. When leaving you have the option to have your ticket stamped to allow free entry within a year. We vowed to return together and finally booked to go last Saturday. (A little fact about me is that I actually met the Queen as a child, although that's probably a story for another day!). Every year, the Palace puts on a different exhibition and I find it so interesting walking in the footsteps of the royal family! As part of our day trip, we took a walk first through Green Park in the sunshine before heading off to the Palace. Saturday felt like the first day of Autumn weather, and I love wearing boots and jackets, so I thought what a great time and place for a mini OOTD fashion shoot!

I knew that I wanted to dress for the weather, whilst still looking a little bit fashionable... I mean I did try to look nice for Queenie you never know if she will pop in! I have been waiting for the right occasion to bust out my new Zara Jacket and am so pleased I wore it. I purchased this in Cyprus when on holiday so am not sure if this is available in the UK! I paired the jacket with my trusty Topshop Jamie jeans and a slouchy grey V-neck t shirt from Next. This shirt is honestly one of the most comfy things I own, so is always a favourite choice of mine! To finish off the look I wore my Topshop studded chelsea boots and Dune London hand bag.











At the palace my mum and I decided to treat ourselves to something a little sweet. Last year we did the exact same thing so thought it would be nice to carry on the little mummy/daughter tradition. We shared some profiteroles and vanilla cake. Plus, it's been nice to say I have officially had tea in the Queen's garden!  

Have you been to Buckingham Palace? What did you think of the grounds if you have? Let me know! 

Until next time, 



4 comments

  1. I am so obsessed with that jacket, it looks incredible on you!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Snoopy jacket too. Not seen one before, it looks good x
    Sarah x
    https://sarahsdreamscapes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your entire outfit (especially those stunning boots) but that jacket just makes me so happy! It looks so good on you!
    Looks like you and your mum had a lovely day out together - I'd love to go to Buckingham Palace one day!
    Beth x Adventure & Anxiety

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox