Beauty | Harrods Beauty at Intu Lakeside!


Harrods Beauty Bear

When I first heard that my local shopping centre Intu Lakeside was getting a brand spanking new beauty shop I was so excited. Then when the news broke that it would actually be a Harrods beauty hall I was over the moon. Lakeside is full of so many incredible stores, including a few stand alone make up ones, but it really was missing one of this kind. So on Friday Emma and I decided we would pop down as soon as it opened to see what it was all about and we were not left disappointed!

Harrods Window Display



Firstly the store itself is the perfect size for the wide variety of brands that are included. The aisles are large and allow social distancing which is ideal currently, but it also allows you to differentiate between the different brands. Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Penhaligons and Nars had the biggest displays and product ranges to select from, but smaller brands were also highlighted in individual aisles. With the current laws Emma and I didn't test anything out in the store on the day but the sample selection was great too. We worked our way around each aisle and was so excited to see all of our favourite brands in person, including a few that we hadn't ever seen up close before and thought were online exclusives. 

Another thing to note was the whole shopping experience itself. We were greeted by a lovely shop assistant and security guard at the door who welcomed us in and handed us a cute gold basket. Each main stand had someone offering help if needed, but allowed you to browse and prompt any interaction and the smaller ones had someone hovering every few metres or so. Nothing felt forced and we didn't feel like we had eyes on us the whole time. Both Emma and I commented on how nice it felt to actually look and we probably did browse for a good hour or so getting lost in all the makeup! The store also had a few stands of non makeup products too. These included the famous Harrods bear, water bottles and the new normal face masks. 

It was dangerous to our pocket but we enjoyed our little shopping spree, keep reading to see what I purchased!  


I had told myself I wasn't going to go too crazy on this trip, and I think I reigned myself in very well (I say as I'm fully preparing to go back for the Iconic London illuminator!). First was a repurchase of a very loved product of mine and my used to be daily lipstick. The Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in shade Super Cindy.  This colour is definitely my perfect nude and the colour that makes me feel the most like 'me' so I always make sure it's a repurchase of mine. The next product was absolutely encouraged by Emma who told me all the great things about it. The Brazilian Bum Bum Cream which claims to help smooth and visibly tighten the appearance of skin. If this works, you best believe I will be shouting about it from the rooftops! Finally I was swayed by the aisle of doom AKA the checkout which had so many mini products which always look so cute. The Tonymoly Egg Pore Nose Pack is another brand I had heard a lot about so wanted to try them out for myself. The pack comes with 7 sheets and I can't wait to get them out and use them. 

Overall Emma and I had such a lovely time visiting Harrods beauty. If you were to compare it to anything it would be Sephora, which as you know is a store the UK is missing! 

Until next time, 





1 comment

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox