Beauty || Glossybox February 2018


I was over the moon when I spotted the February edition of Glossybox arrive on my doorstep at the beginning of the week. As sad as it sounds I rarely make online beauty orders any more, so I always really look forward to the arrival of my Glossybox every month. I had seen so many cute photographs gracing my Instagram feed of this month's box design, so I couldn't wait to get my hands on it to photograph it for myself. The pictures truly don't do it enough justice! 

This month's box theme is 'Galentines', so going along with the love theme, the box was full of pink and red toned products as well as a stunning eyeshadow palette. 




Depending on the way you have filled out your online Glossybox beauty profile, you receive 5 gorgeous beauty products. For me, I received the following: 

  • Ciate London Geology mini nail varnish in shade Mistress
  • Steve Laurent Lip Gloss in shade Nude Pop
  • Studio 10 Makeup Mist Glow-plexion
  • Icona Milano Emotion Allowed Mascara
  • Sleek Makeup Divine Eyeshadow Palette in Storm








I feel like I am constantly saying this in my Glossybox posts, but this month's box might just be my favourite yet! Ciate is a brand that I am already a big fan of and one that I would go out and purchase products from myself anyway. The new gel formula polish is interesting to me and I loved how easy it was to apply. The red shade is also a great pick for me as I don't actually own a lot of red polishes. Steve Laurent is a brand that was introduced to me through Glossybox and one that I have enjoyed using. This particular product is a lipgloss. Now, I don't often wear lip glosses but I did give this a little road test. I will be honest, it's not for me. As much as I like the shade, and think it would look pretty tapped lightly onto a darker shade of lipstick, I'm just not a fan of the pot application. I just find it messy and annoying! This product will be going straight into my mums collection as I know she will love it more than I do. The next product was the Studio 10 face mist. I am still yet to try this so can't really give my opinions yet. However, I love the sound of using it as a setting spray that hydrates and primes the skin. Next up is the Icona Milano Emotion Allowed mascara. This mascara is more of a creamy formula that builds volume and lasts for a long period of time. Another plus is that it's cruelty free, and I for one am really pleased about that factor. Finally, I was excited to see the Sleek eyeshadow palette in Storm. All of the shades are so creamy and super pigmented. They are also colours that I would have chosen for myself as they can work together to create both natural and dramatic looks.  


Overall this month's box has been perfect, and just what I needed after the disaster of last month! (I hated January's box so much I didn't actually bother writing about it or sharing it anyway - Sorry!). 

What do you think about this month's box? I would be interested to know if you received anything different if you're a subscriber?!

Until next time, 



4 comments

  1. I always love a nail polish of any color, so that's a yaay for me. Also, the box itself looks pretty, but I'm kinda loving these little pots so for anything so I love the lipgloss in it. Also, I'm always eyeing these Sleek stuff and I never get any. Palette looks great :D
    subscription boxes are birthday/Christmas presents. Just every month :D

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box is so pretty and I love your photos! The mascara sounds good I am currently on the look out for more cruelty free make up product.

    Molly | www.mollyeez.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a Galentine's box! You got such lovely things, and I'm obsessed with Sleek makeup, too!

    Yasmin 💗
    www.thesweetsf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox