Beauty || Kylie Cosmetics Chill Baby Palette Review



I think the last time I sat down to write a blogpost was over two months ago! The phrase 'Life gets in the way' can certainly apply to my world recently. But here I am, feeling refreshed after Christmas with the 2019 goal to restart and keep up with my blog!

I've been really excited to share this blogpost, so it's honestly a wonder that I haven't set 'publish' on it sooner! Ever since Kylie Cosmetics announced the launch of eyeshadow palettes to her makeup line, I knew it was a product that I wanted to try for myself. Now that I'm in a better position financially, full time work has some advantages!, I thought it was a good time to try and get hold of a palette for myself. The 2018 holiday collection was full of various products ranging from eyeshadow, lipstick sets, highlighters and pressed powders all wrapped up in blue metallic snowflake packaging. I decided to go for the Chill Baby palette and eagerly awaited my parcel to arrive. After about a month, honestly I don't understand why it takes so long and so much extra money to get hold of, the palette arrived in my hands and my experimenting began!







First of all the palette itself, like most Kylie Cosmetic products, is SO pretty! I wouldn't say the layout/design is completely unique in that it looks very similar to ABH products I have seen online, but the colours certainly are. Chill Baby comes with 14 gorgeous shades that make up the perfect holiday/winter palette. There are 7 matte and 7 shimmers that all work together beautifully to create eye looks. Some of my favourite shades have to be 'Just Chill', 'Pray For Snow', 'Home Alone', 'Wrap It Up' and 'Plum Pudding'. The pigmentation of these shades are better than I had expected, although there is certainly some things that need improving if the palette is to become one of my ultimate favourites. The matte shades apply smoothly and when applied over a base are really long lasting, however it's the shimmer's where I have the most problems. They aren't terrible, but they're just not overwhelmingly great! I've found them to apply nicely with a finger, for them to then lose all of the shimmer once blended in with a brush. I don't mind this factor completely as I've been using the shimmer shades as a final touch, but if you're going for an all glitter eye then this could cause problems! 

Overall, I am really pleased with this palette and although I wouldn't necessary purchase this same one again I would certainly be interested in getting one of the classic all matte ones. If only they would sort out the darn customs charges added to every single order...

Thanks so much for reading, let me know if you've had similar problems with the palette! 
Until next time, 





No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox