Lifestyle : Vision Express Festive Frames!


When I first started my blog back in 2013, I had no idea that I would have had the amount of opportunities to work with brands that I have admired for years. As soon as I saw that Vision Express where holding their first Blogger event I knew it was something right up my street. As a 24/7 glasses wearer I couldn't have thought up a better blogger event for myself than this! So I was extremely excited and very grateful to have been invited down to the Oxford Street Vision Express store for the #FestiveFrames event. 






My appointment was at 2pm, however we were advised to be there 15 minutes early, like you would with any opticians appointment, to make sure everything ran smoothly. After handing over my latest optical prescription to the team, we were given the opportunity to have a 10 minute style consultation with celebrity stylist Gemma Sheppard who helped me find the perfect frame for my face. I am generally a wayfarer shaped glasses wearer so I knew going into the event that I wanted to try something new. I was even more excited to find out that Vision Express would be gifting us a pair of glasses with our prescription, so what better time than now to try out something now! Gemma tried various different styles on me and we both settled on a gorgeous pair of tortoise shell cat eyed glasses. Something very different than my normal pair, but I love them! 






Another exciting part of the event was the makeup consultation with a makeup artist and beauty expert who created a look to match my chosen glasses. I will admit that I felt a little bit out of my comfort zone here as I was thrown into the deep end by having my consultation and makeup application filmed. I'm yet to see the video so fingers crossed it all looks okay! The makeup that was applied was also something I probably wouldn't have chosen to do on myself as it consisted of darker colours and black eyeliner. I loved how it looked when completed and know I will try to do this myself throughout the festive period. 




As the event finished I was handed this cute little christmas present box full of gifts as well as a super dry water bottle as a thank you for attending the event. I was really not expecting this as the gift of a pair of glasses chosen specifically for me was enough in my eyes! (I have inserted a little image below of everything I received in the goody bag!) 

Overall I had such a lovely time at the event and love all of the new frames that Vision Express have available for the festive period. As much fun as I had, I just wanted to make a note of how important it is to have an eye test done. You can see so much about your health through your eyes, and its alway's good to have an up to date prescription. I am so excited for my glasses to arrive, and you best believe I will be Insta-gramming them once I collect them! 


Until next time, 

1 comment

  1. Thankful at the moment, reading and lowlight are the only time I need glasses & don't have to pay for them, also I use a different company 😂 but fantastic post and you have very beautiful eyes too

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox