Beauty : Lush Sleepy Review



I'm a light sleeper, always have been always will. In a recent trip to London, my mum and I made a dive into the Oxford Street Lush store where I told her how my lack of sleep was beginning to affect me. As soon as she mentioned this product and how brilliant she thought it was I was intrigued! After a quick little twitter search, I discovered that my mum wasn't the only one with these thoughts. In fact it seemed that there is actually a lot of hype around the product - but does it really work?



Lush claim 'You'll sleep well after dipping into this dreamy lotion, made with a gentle oatmeal infusion, calming lavender flower and comfortingly sweet tonka absolute. A rich, malty and floral perfume conjures up visions of sugar plums and hot drinks topped with whipped cream while the heavenly ministrations of creamy Fair Trade organic cocoa butter and delicate lavender water cool and enrich the skin. Blanket your body in this lovely lotion before stepping into soft pyjamas for snuggly nights beside the fire.' Now, I'm sure you will agree that that's quite a claim! My initial worry with this product was the inclusion of the Lavender ingredient. As someone with anxiety, Lavender is a product that is recommended to use to calm my nerves, however personally I am really not a massive fan of the scent. This lotion is quite different and although there is a scent of Lavender it's not too overpowering so the product smells sweet and comforting. 


To test 'Sleepy' out I added it into my usual evening skincare routine of bath, lotion, pjs and bed. I applied the product over my arms and chest up to my neck, as well as on my legs. The product itself applies smoothly and quickly sinks into the skin leaving it feeling nice and refreshed.  

So does it work? Honestly? Yes! I applied this product every night for a week and had the best nights sleep in years. I'm not going to lie and say it sent me straight off to sleep each time, but I did relax and feel 'sleepy' quicker when using it. I also wouldn't say I am cured, but I have noticed such a big difference with my mood throughout the next day on the nights that I have applied the product.



Sleepy is priced at £7.95 for a 95g tub or £13.95 for 215g. I currently own the smaller sized container, although know I will be purchasing the larger size as soon as this one has run out.

So what are your opinions on this product? Do you think it works, or do you have a product that you think works better? Let me know! 

Until next time, 

1 comment

  1. I keep seeing this product popping up on blogs and it's sounds so intriguing - I mean, how can you say no to a description like that? I am in the same boat with you as I don't particularly like the scent of lavender, so the fact that it's mixed in with other scents makes me want to give this a try!

    Hilary | Lipstick & Lattes

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox