Beauty : Glossybox October 2017


As soon as I saw the theming for this months Glossybox I was praying that I would receive the Mermaid box, and I wasn't disappointed! As excited as I was to get the Mermaid design, I did think it was a little bit of an odd theming considering October is the month of Halloween. With that being said this month's box did not disappoint and I can't wait to share with you all what I got inside. The idea behind the October box is the magical way makeup makes you feel, hence the Mermaid vs Unicorn box designs. This month's box includes four full sized products, which is always a lovely thing to receive! 



This month's box design matches the Mermaid theme completely. If you have read any of my other Glossybox reviews (I have been doing them for over a year now - crazy!) then you know how much of a fan I am of the classic pink and black design. Every now and then Glossybox decide to switch it up with the box design and this month's box is one of those occasions. The October design is a gorgeous purple/blue Mermaid inspired box with foiled writing on the top and sides. I usually save my boxes and put them away as storage, but this box is going to stay out because quite honestly it is stunning! 

So let's take a look inside...







Makeup Revolution Mermaids Vs Unicorns Eyeshadow Palette | £4 | Full Size
If I was to have spotted this palette in the shops I probably would have lusted over it then placed it back on the shelf with the realisation I would never be able to pull off any of the colours included. This palette includes twelve dreamy, colourful and shimmery shades which is designed to unleash your creativity. As someone who sticks to more of a neutral eye, this palette scares me! I have never really tried creating a green or blue eye look but really cant wait to give this a try. The pigmentation of the shades in this palette are better than I thought they would be for such bright colours. The first six 'Aqua' shades are extremely pigmented and creamy. The final darker shades are equally as pretty, but are less pigmented and more chalky when swatched. The light lilac purple in particular comes out looking very patchy so would have to be packed onto the eye. 



Sleek Makeup Crème to Powder Blush in shade 078 French Rose | £5.99 | Full Size
This product was one of the most exciting items in this month's box for me. The idea of a product going from a cream to powder definitely sounds magical! Once applied to the cheeks the cream sets into the skin and transforms into a light powder which truly lasts the whole day. I mentioned in my last blogpost that I am not a big fan of blush usually, but love how subtle this shade is. 



Kawaii Enterprise Brush Cleansing Egg | £7.99 | Full Size
I love these cute little brush cleaning eggs! I actually purchased a cheap one online a couple of months ago and find it makes my whole brush cleaning routine so much easier. I love the aqua colour, and how comfortable it is to use. 


Lord & Berry Magic Brow Perfect Eye Brow Pencil in shade Brunette | £14
I love brow products, especially when they claim to be perfect! I was sent the shade Brunette which isn't really the right shade for me, however it is completely workable and blends nicely into the brow to fill in sparse areas. The pencil itself has a variety of colours which adds to make the brow appear more natural. If only this shade was in my colour! 



Bang Beauty Cream Colour in shade Dolce Pink | £19.50 | Full Size 
This product is a full purpose cream that can be used in a variety of ways including the lips, eyes, cheeks, blush and even highlight. They recommend to use this product on your finger tips, although they also note it applies nicely with a brush too. I love it when a product can be used for a variety of different things as it makes it amazing for on the go. Personally, I think this shade would look really pretty on the eyes and I can't wait to try it out properly! 



One little extra in this month's box was a 'Half Mermaid' clear plastic sticker with a Aqua blue shine. Being someone who is obsessed with swimming, I love this added extra! It's currently on the back of my phonecase looking gorgeous, and I can't wait to show it off! 

So there we have it! This month's October Glossybox did not disappoint and I loved the whole theming and products that were included. I would be interested to know if anyone got the Unicorn box this month, and if you did what was included? 

Thanks so much for reading! 
Until next time, 


3 comments

  1. As someone obsessed with mermaids this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and everything looks and sounds so lovely!! I'm with you on the bright colors (I'm still quite happy with my Naked 3 palette) but the Makeup Revolution palette would make me reconsider as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have glossybox subscribtion over year ago but then I switched to LF box as glossybox was kinda repetitive. However this edit makes me a bit nostalgic because this box looks awesome x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox