Beauty : Eye Candy Lashes Review!*


Today's post is very different from the ones I am used to posting! Over the past couple of months I have really been enjoying experimenting more with my makeup and using more of the products that I have rather than buying new. I was contacted a couple of weeks ago to see if I wanted to try some of the gorgeous lashes from Eye Candy, which of course I did! As soon as they arrived I knew exactly the eye look I wanted to create with them. 



The lashes I was sent were '004 Volumise Strip Lash'. Much like it's name, these lashes are perfect for given the impression of thicker fuller lashes. I will be honest, when I first saw them in it's box I thought they would appear a lot heavier and thicker than they actually did when being worn. The box states that they are a 'classic Style', 'Balanced Look' and 'Lightweight'. All of these statements are spot on in my opinion. In the box you also receive a small amount of clear eyelash glue. Personally, I have been loving using my Pinky Goat black eyelash glue instead, but the clear glue also works perfectly too. If you are looking for a pair of lashes that don't look natural and will give an impact then these are the lashes for you! 




To match the lashes, I thought that I would try out a few of the colours in the Too Faced Peach Palette that I have never used before. The photograph above isn't really showing off the colours that well, but they are much greener in person. I used the shades 'Bless her heart' all over my lid, and blended 'Peach pit' into the outer corner and in the crease. I then applied a little bit of 'Bellini' just above the crease to blend out the edges of the shadow. To finish the eyes I reapplied 'Bless her heart' with my finger into the centre of the eye as well as in the inner corner. It was at this stage I applied the lashes as close to my natural lash line as possible which I found easier than I thought to do. After applying the lashes I used my Makeup revolution black liquid eyeliner to hide the lash strip. Finally I used my favourite Benefit 'They're Real' mascara to blend the lashes to my own. 




Overall I am really pleased with how this eye look turned out! I am not used to wearing such a heavy makeup look generally, and usually stick with using more bronzed tones on my eyes so loved venturing out of my comfort zone to create this look. 

The lashes are also a big hit in my books. I love how they looked on my eyes, and although they aren't everyday lashes, they would make the perfect lashes for the right occasion. 

What do you think about false lashes? Have you tried any that you think I would like? Let me know in the comments! 

Until next time, 
*The lashes mentioned in this blogpost were kindly sent to me. Like always the photographs, words and opinions are 100% my own and are honest.

3 comments

  1. Wow these are gorgeous! Your eyes are amazing, so pretty :D

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your close up photos are so sharp and clear! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your post and got it quite informative. I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here.Eyelash Growth Serum Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox