Blogmas Day 9 : Christmas Party Makeup Look


Doing your makeup in the holiday season is probably one of my favourite things to do. It tends to be the time of year to wear all of the deep red toned lipsticks, as well as finding a use for the gold and burgundy eye shadow palettes at the back of the drawer! Over the past year my love for makeup has grown, and I have really begun getting more experimental with how I wear it. (Did someone say false eyelashes? Yeah! That’s a thing for me now, who would have thought it!)

Now that the Christmas season has arrived the work parties are just around the corner! Personally, I just love the excuse to wear shimmery eye makeup without being judged but that’s just me! Seeing as I don’t actually have any work parties to get all dressed up for this year, I will most definitely be wearing this look on Christmas/Boxing day!

makeup

As glamorous as this makeup look is, it was so easy to achieve! First of all I prepped my skin to make sure it was moisturized before applying my Benefit Porefessional makeup primer. Then I moved onto the eyes before applying my foundation to reduce downfall of product! I applied the De Bruyere Beauté jumbo eye pencil in 01 Bubble all over the lid and allowed it to set a little bit before taking a flat eyeshadow brush and blending it upwards. This product is really creamy, so allowing it to set a little bit before blending helped it not to crease. I then used my Tarte Cosmetics Tartlette palette and the shade Crush in the crease of my eye to add a little definition. I also applied a little of this over the pencil to set it more. I then took my eye lash curler and curled my lashes, then applied my favourite Benefit They’re Real mascara. Next I applied the Invogue Glamourise Eyelashes. I love how these look on the eyes. As a complete newbie to eyelashes, these are simple and just easy to get right. They are also really lightweight and feel comfortable even when I am wearing my glasses! Then I used the Rimmel London gel eyeliner in 001 Black and applied it as close to my lash line as possible, I also applied it over the band of the lashes to hide it even more. Finally I went back to my Tartlette Palette and took the Crush shade under my eye to smoke it out a little bit more. (At this stage I then wiped under my eye with a damp piece of cotton wool to remove any of the excess eye shadow.)

Then I moved onto doing the rest of my makeup. I started to work in the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation with a damp Beauty Blender. This is one of the first times I have used this beauty blender and I am so impressed with the finish it gives the skin. It makes my makeup feel completely rubbed in, plus it gives you a massage at the same time! Then I used the Maybelline Erase Eye Concealer, under my eye to brighten them slightly. Finally for the skin I set my makeup with my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder. This is truly the best setting powder that I have tried. Then I moved onto my brows! I used the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil to line and fill in my brows. Like false lashes, doing my brows is a completely new thing to me. I always used to apply the Maybelline Brow Drama if I could be bothered, so finding this product has changed my life! So much so, I can’t leave the house without having them filled in. To set the brows I used the Benefit Gimme Brow. To contour my cheekbones I used my absolute favourite Benefit Hoola bronzer. I am so sad to have hit the pan with this product, but it is well loved and used daily! I know there are a lot of mixed opinions on this product, but I can honestly say it’s the only bronzer I have tried that doesn’t make my pale complexion look orange. Finally I used the highlight shade in the Sleek Face Form Light 373 palette on the high points of cheeks as well as down the center of my nose and cupids bow. I did also apply a little of this in the corners of my eyes and under the brow bone too.

To finish off the whole makeup look I was stuck between using the Seventeen Mega Matte lipstick in Rioja Your World and Kylie Cosmetics Like Lipgloss. For this look, I felt that seeing as the eyes were quite heavy, I wanted more of a neutral lip. So I decided to go with the Kylie Cosmetics Like Lipgloss. Although, if I was wearing my hair down, it would be a completely different story!



So here is my final makeup look. I really like how this has turned out. It is the first time wearing false eyelashes with such a heavy eye look. I am so pleased that they were easy to apply as it means I can wear them more often!

Let me know what you think of this look, and don’t forget to leave links to your Christmas looks in the comments below! I would love to see them!


Happy Christmas!

1 comment

  1. Love the look, such pretty tones :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox