Blogmas Day 3 : DIY Advent Calendar


Nothing says Christmas quite like an advent calendar. I mean it is literally counting down the days until the big day itself! In the past couple of years I have seen countless beauty brands create advent calendars full of exciting mini versions of popular products. For the last two years I purchased the Ciaté nail varnish calendars. But as much as I liked them, I was never really that thrilled with every colour I received. (Plus, I have certainly not used all of the different varnishes either!)


This year I thought that I would do something a little bit different! Over the year I have been making note of little things for my family and I to ‘open’ every day on the lead up to Christmas. I thought that doing this, as a family would make it all seem that little bit more special seeing as I don't know how many Christmas' we have left as our little family. I found this cute little advent kit in Ikea of all places and knew that it was perfect for me to use to create my calendar.

The beauty of this is that it doesn’t have to be an expensive thing to do either, although it will of course cost more than a cheap advent calendar! I have decided that I am going to be filling the bags with some of our favourite sweets. I have also visited pound land and wilkinson for little bits and bobs that will also be fun to open. Half of the excitement is not knowing what is going to be inside the little bag, So I have filled them up and sealed them before putting the numbers on, this way I am as much in the dark of whats inside as everyone else!


Advent

Advent

Advent

Advent
So yeah, I am so excited to be opening this advent calendar everyday with my family on the run up to Christmas! What’s better than QT time with the family right? The beauty of this DIY is that you totally don’t need the bags to make it. You can simply wrap up the small contents and put them under the tree!


Let me know what you think about my DIY advent calendar?

Happy Christmas!
Love,

6 comments

  1. Aww this is so cute!! Definitely going to do this next year, even if only for my flatmates instead of family. Only 22 sleeps to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family have been loving the calendar so far! So I am going to make sure that I 100% do this again next year!

      xxx

      Delete
  2. This is such a good idea, and looks lovely! Would love to wake up to those treats every day! Fab idea.

    www.savagebeautyblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My whole family have absolutely loved the idea! We have been opening it after dinner in the evening as a little thing to do together which is nice! Deffo going to be doing this next year as well!

      Thanks for the comment!
      Francesca xxx

      Delete
  3. This is awesome. This is how I made my kids advent Calendar as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I bet your kids love it!

      Thanks for the comment!
      Francesca xx

      Delete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox