Lifestyle : Stylist Live

Stylist Live

A couple of weekends ago, my mum and I attended Stylist Live for the first time ever. For the past couple of years we had been avid attendees of London Fashion Weekend, however with the move to Saatchi Gallery, found it not as inviting so were looking for a change. I had bought the tickets as part of the early bird deal so was able to snatch two VIP packages at a really affordable price (something that we were never able to do at LFWend as the prices always seemed to be going up!). So as you can imagine, mum and I were really excited to experience and see everything. I also booked us in to listen to the Pixiwoo talk as well which was part of our ticket, along with front row seats to the Swarovski catwalk show! Another part of our VIP package was a filled designer goody bag and access to the VIP lounge which had as much food as you could possibly eat. (I mean macaroni cheese on tap was the best decision ever!)

Stylist Live

Stylist Live

Stylist Live

Stylist Live had been set up perfectly at the Business Design Centre in London, using some of the rooms as stages for workshops and talks. They had some really interesting speakers in as well which made the event quite special and different. The whole atmosphere of Stylist Live was the complete opposite from what I had expected. The design centre had been decked out in such a cute, Pinterest worthy way. There was so many affordable shops that you could browse around, and they had even thought about including a 3d magazine cover that you could pose inside to have your photo taken and printed to bring home with you. (Our photo is now taking pride place on our fridge!).

Stylist Live

Stylist Live

Stylist Live

One of the main reasons that I had wanted to go to Stylist Live in the first place, was to listen to Sam and Nic Chapman of Pixiwoo talk on the Inspiration stage. As I have previously mentioned, Pixiwoo was the first youtube channel that I watched when becoming interested in fashion and beauty. I was so excited to just listen to them talk live and see how true they were online as they are in person, which I can safely say they are! I loved how honest and open they were when answering the questions thrown at them by the audience after the 'planned' questions were over. It's clear that they love what they do, and have a passion for sharing this with other people. One of the main things that I was able to take away with me from them was their eagerness to inspire and empower other women. This is so refreshing to see, especially when they are in an industry that can at times be seen as extremely competitive. We were also lucky enough to be shown a sneak preview of their upcoming TV programme with the BBC which I can't wait to watch in full soon. When leaving the talk I straight away went to hunt down their new book 'Face', which was being sold early at Stylist live before the release date, to see what other tips and tricks I could learn to improve my makeup application skills.  I also wanted to get one of the signed copies before anybody else could!

Overall I had such an amazing time at Stylist Live and really can't wait to book my tickets to go again next year. It was a completely different experience than London Fashion Weekend was, and one that I enjoyed much more. Now that I kind of know how Stylist Live works, I can't wait to get more involved with other talks and workshops next time round.

Have you been to Stylist Live? What are your thoughts on it! 
Let me know in the comments! 
Love, 
francesca

No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox