Beauty: September Favourites


Are we seriously one week into October now? That means one month until November which then means its nearly December! Crazy. This year I have decided that throughout the month of December I will be taking part in Blogmas again. I took part in this last year and really enjoyed it! Although, I will admit I did feel pressured and stressed most of the time. This year I am determined to not feel this way so have already been planning posts that I want to create. (Let me know if your taking part so I can check them out in December!)


Last month I was gravitating towards one simple makeup look using pretty much the same products. Which makes collecting products for this September favourites post very easy to find. Starting with my go to eyeshadow palette which I have been raving about since I purchased it last month. The Tarte Tartlette palette is a gorgeous rose toned eyeshadow palette that is perfect for both daytime and evening looks. The shades in the palette are SO pigmented and are super easy to blend. (I have done a full review of this palette HERE if you would like to read more about it.) I have also been using my Real Techniques shading brush with this palette to create a gorgeous smoky eye.

My next favourite is the Natural Collections waterproof mascara. If you have read some of my other blogposts you may have spotted that I am 100% a Benefit They're Real mascara gal. Which is still true as I love that mascara, but for £19.50 a pop it's expensive to replace. After trying out the Natural Collections mascara a couple of months ago I noticed that it looked very similar to my benefit one when on my eyes. It holds the curl, intensifies my lashes and doesn't clump! I also love that you can build this product up to make it more intense which isn't something that I do with They're real as it goes clumpy.

Moving onto brows there has been two stand out products for me this month. Gimme Brow and Goof Proof Brow Pencil. Both of these products are from Benefit and when paired together create a lovely natural brow look. I am in no way a pro when it comes to brows, I hardly touched them 3 months ago, but I am slowly finding techniques that work well for me. I start off my penciling in my brows and outlining them with the Goof Proof pencil. Then to set them in place and to fill in missing gaps I use Gimme Brow. I love how these products are completely idiot proof! I will deffo be repurchasing these when I run out!

Finally, my neutral nude lip of choice this month has been Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Athens. This is such a pretty peach shade that feels really comfortable on the lips. I have worn this with 50% of the looks that I have worn on an everyday basis as I know that it stays in place with minimal touchups! I am really hoping to expand my Matte Lip Cream collection, so if you think I would like a particular shade let me know!

Let me know what your favourites from this month are! Are we liking any of the same?
Thanks for reading!
Love, 



3 comments

  1. I really want to try the NYX Matte Lip Creams! I tried one of my friends and loved the consistency of it but I now want one of my own to play around with. That shade also looks so lovely!

    Tabitha x
    http://whattabithaloves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering about the new Benefit brow products, maybe I'll try them now! http://ellabyrohde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that Tarte palette!
    https://beautymarkdown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox