The Kylie Jenner Lip kit Review!


The moment I have been waiting for has finally arrived!
 I was able to get my hands on the Kylie Jenner Lip Kit and I couldn't be happier about it! I was lucky enough to purchase them at the start of February when they were randomly released and sold out in less than 30 minutes. I knew initially when ordering that there was going to be a little wait seeing as I was ordering from the UK. I was impressed with the service though as I had read some reviews of there being hidden costs, but I am happy to share that the price I paid online was all of the costs covered! For anybody ordering from the UK the lip kits come to about £21, which for a lipliner and lipstick works out really affordable. I purchased two kits so together with postage came to £51.42. Right so onto the review...


Can we start off by talking about the gorgeous box that the lip kits come in? I love how well presented it comes and it appears that lots of care, time and effort has gone in to the whole 'Kylie Cosmetics' image. I wasn't expecting it to be as professional looking as it is! My only little worry about the delivery packaging is that it says what products are inside on the front label. This is a little worrying as there were messages of some lip kits going missing! Perhaps this is something they can change to help protect the products seeing how much they are selling for online! 


 The products come wrapped up nicely in-between two foam sheets which really keep the products secure inside. On top is the iconic Kylie Jenner 'lip' image with a message. 

The two colours that I purchased for myself and my brothers girlfriend were Dolce K and Candy K. Both of which were in the original collection launched. My brothers girlfriend had her eye on Dolce K, and I knew that I wanted Candy K from the first moment I saw it! I think Candy K is the classic Kylie lip, so I was excited to try it out! Can we just talk about the boxes? How amazing do they photograph! So perfect for blog photography!   








The first thing I noticed when opening the lip kit was how amazing it smells! It smells like candy floss! Both of the lip kits come out true to colour from the tube which is quite often a rare thing when buying a lipstick! One of the best things about this lip kit is how smoothly it applies. The idea of the kit is to line the lips first with the liner and then to fill in the gaps with the liquid lipstick. I have never tried a liquid lipstick before so didn't know what to expect. Initially I thought it was a little bit watery, but after using it for a couple of days I feel this helps the product to spread further and to apply smoothly when turning matte. 

 I thought I would show how long-lasting the lip kits are so rubbed off the lipstick with my Simple face wipes and found that the liner comes off without much scrubbing, but the lipstick stays put! This can be a good and a bad thing I guess! But for now I love how long lasting it is! 

Overall I am so impressed with the Kylie Jenner LipKits. When buying from a 'brand' as big as the Kardashians, you often wonder how much quality has been spared to create a product that millions of people are guaranteed to buy, however this lip kit does feel like effort has been put in. There are a couple of improvements that I think could be made in terms of packaging and consistency but generally it is amazing! I already have my eyes on a couple of the other colours available, but am hoping to get Koko K and Posie when they are next released! 

Hope you liked this lip kit review! I loved trying it out! 

Let me know if you have tried this out in the comments below! 

Lots of love, 



9 comments

  1. I have one liquid lipstick from NYX and I totally love it! It's so much easier to apply than the solid! Not sure if I would splurge for this lip kit, but they are really good, neutral shades. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for your lovely comment!

      I have always wanted to try out the NYX liquid lipsticks but never come across any in store! Which ones would you recommend me to try?!

      I agree, I am not sure I would splurge out again for it, but I justified it as being way cheaper than buying a MAC lipstick and liner. I don't mind ordering and then splitting the cost with my brothers girlfriend as it made it cheaper than ordering on my own and paying for full shipping!

      Thanks again for the lovely comment.
      Francesca xxx

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to purchase these, but they look gorgeous!
    Alicia x
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to your comment!

      They are really good and amazing quality! I just recently got some more! ( http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/kylie-jenner-lip-kit-review-posie-k.html)

      Thanks for the lovely comment

      Francesca xx

      Delete
  3. OMG! These look FAB! So jealous you managed to nab them as they were gone when I went to look 😍 they photo like a dream and look lush on too...but agree that they shouldn't say what they are on the outside packaging as could go walkies for sure!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN HQ x
    www.fashiondujour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that it's taken me so long to reply to your comment!

      I know I was so lucky to get them! I can't believe how quickly they sell out each time! Somebody is making lots of money that's for sure! It just worries me that it says what they are. When I got them they weren't even delivered as special delivery or anything!

      Thanks for the lovely comment xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm really pleased to hear that these are actually good quality and not just a fad product! I want to try get my hands on one of the kits when I possibly can!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing!
      You need to keep an eye on the Kylie Cosmetics instagram page that's where I find out about all of her releases!

      Thanks for the comment lovely xxx

      Delete
  5. These shades look so nice, and they look good quality as well!

    I have nominated for the Liebster Award over on my blog! :)
    http://afhblogging.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/liebster-award.html

    Abbie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox