Christmas movie favourites - Blogmas Day 4


I am partial to a nice little cosy infront of the tele on a cold winter afternoon, hot chocolate in one hand, laptop on my lap and a great Christmas classic on the screen. Ok, in my world Christmas starts in October. Christmas movies are my most favourite thing. Every year I re-watch the classics as well as hunt for new ones. Here is my round up of the films you need to watch if you haven't, and re watch if you have!
 Enjoy!



Arthur Christmas
I feel like this film is really underrated. It was released in 2011 so is still relatively new in comparison to the other films listed below. If you haven't seen it then you have to. It takes the whole classic idea of father christmas delivering presents on a sleigh completely upside down. Its a great film, certainly a must see! 

The Grinch
This goes down as my all time favourite christmas film. I can remember watching this film for the first time being the same age as Cindy Lou, and falling in love with everything christmassy. I even asked my parents if we could move so I could have a round window to sing 'where are you christmas' out of. It's one of those films that everybody in the family, all ages can watch and love.

The Polar Express
I only watched this for the first time a couple of years ago.. I know a shocker really isn't it! Still with that being said its a great film regardless. One of my favourite scenes is when they all receive their hot chocolate in a rather sing song manner. I am still waiting for this to happen! 

The Santa Clause
Another fantastic christmas film. I love the sarcastic and witty comments throughout this movie. There is something special about the cute father and son bond which is often not seen in the majority of films. 

Mr Poppers Penguins
Ok, so this film isn't particularly a christmas movie, but if you have seen it you would probably agree with me that its just so darn festive! Jim Carrey plays a posh real estate developer/ penguin father. Hilarious. another must see! 

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
This movie represents my childhood. Every christmas eve I would go round to my grandma and granddads house with my cousins and watch this before going off to the local christingle service. It's a very old film, released 1998 to be exact, so the words don't always match the mouth movements but thats what makes it special. The songs are also quite reminiscing for me, so thats why I love it! 

Hope you liked my little roundup! 
Let me know what your favourites are! 

Thanks for reading! 






4 comments

  1. I'll have to give the grinch a watch because I think I seen part of it when I was younger but I can't really remember it. I also love rudolph the rednose reindeer it brings back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to watch the Grinch again!
      It's such a classic movie for me now, that I don't think I could go a christmas without watching and reminiscing about it. Rudolph the red nose reindeer is an amazing film! Hardly anyone I talk to remembers the film or if they do its not the one I have mentioned here! I am so glad you love it too! haha!

      Thanks for the comment xxxx

      Delete
  2. I loooove The Grinch, such a funny film and Jim Carrey is one of my favourite actors. Elf is always a classic as well. I remember watching Rudolph when I was a child and I loved it, such a sweet movie. Great picks!

    Anything & Everything | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim Carrey is one of my favourite actors too! I love everything he is in! The Grinch is such a classic though!

      I'm glad you liked my picks. I always struggle with christmas movies as I love so many of them! haha.

      Thanks for the comment xxxx

      Delete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox