August Favourites!

So summer is officially over! September has come around so quickly and I can't quite believe that it has come to the time of the month where I share what I have been loving throughout August! This month I was lucky enough to go on a beautiful sunny holiday to Portugal where most of my favourites were used!

Lifestyle
One of the best things about going on holiday and having nothing to do except laying by the pool means that you can get a lot of reading done! I have been a subscriber to Elle magazine for the past 3 years, but I have only just discovered Elle Collections! I got both of these before I went away and thought they both deserved a mention! Elle Collections is a yearly/seasonal issue I believe and there were 3 covers to choose from. I went with Kendall Jenner's cover. (It was between hers and Cara's!) In the magazine comes some cute stickers, you can't go wrong with some stickers now can you!


 The child in me has been loving this creative colouring book for adults. Although I don't really agree with the idea of adding a huge price onto what is technically a colouring book for anybody, but I see the marketing ploy they have done there ;) This was a lifesaver in many situations for me. On the plane it distracted me from feeling anxious, and by the pool it made me feel relaxed. The only downside to this book is how thin the pages are! I am a felt tip gal, and I love a Sharpie!,  but I was really disappointed to see that the pens went through without me having to press hard! Other than that I LOVE this book!


 Technology

This month I have been listening a lot to my iPod, and in particular Paloma Faith. Picking up the Pieces, Only love can hurt like this and Beauty Remains. There is something quite calming about putting the headphones in and listening to such great songs! I have also managed to get my dad as excited/addicted to her music! 
I tend to get most of my reading done when on holiday. It may have something to do with the wifi not being as attainable but my nose is constantly in a book, or in this case my kindle! A couple of years ago when Pretty Little Liars first came on the screens in the uk I spotted the original book versions by Sara Shepard on the shelf and bought it thinking it was the TV adaption. Boy was I wrong! 8 books later and I am hooked, although now I am purchasing the book on my kindle rather than in paperback. It is such a fantastic read and dare I say it much better than watching the television programme! I love the way Sara has written each chapter from the perspective of each girl. I couldn't recommend this book any more!  It really gets you hooked! 


 The summer holiday is always the time where I use my polaroid camera to its full advantage. I always try to take at least one or two pictures each day. My real favourite out of these two is the album that I have discovered to store/show off my pictures. In the past I had been taking the pictures and clipping them on a string and putting them on the window. I found that stupidly they were fading from the sun so looked for an album to store them in. I simply searched 'Fugifilm instax mini album' and found this one. This is the second one I have purchased and I am excited to fill it with lots of memories. I am planning to buy another album for my Disneyland Paris pictures!

Beauty
 There are only a few beauty favourites that I have been loving this month. I tend not to wear makeup on holiday so I don't have a lot to share! I have been loving this Garnier Micellar cleansing water. I am a little late to the game when it comes to this product. I am ashamed to admit it but I love me some simple face wipes. They have always worked well for me and made my face feel refreshed (I don't tend to use a lot of makeup on a day to day basis!). I have been using it with my Body Shop Muslin cloth. This was really cheap and the two seem to work well for me.

I have also been loving using my MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid with my MAC lipliner in Hip n Happy. I don't really have much to say about this combo except I LOVE IT!

I hope you liked this favourites post! I hope you have a lovely week! 
Lots of love, 











2 comments

  1. I've just caught up with the PLL TV version, but I never though of reading the books. I'm a bit of a book worm, so I bet I'd love them! Love the look of Pink Plaid, and how brilliant is the Garnier micellar water?! Such a bargain!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! I started to watch the tv series but then didn't know when the next series started so never caught up! I love the Garnier micellar water but don't know how to really use it fully I don't think! <3

      Delete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox