Sensationail gel manicure review!


 As a 'beauty blogger', you can imagine the amounts of products I have tried out to create that perfect manicure look. From gelly polishes to gel topcoats nothing has quite given that salon manicure, nothing that is until I tried the Sensationail kit. The idea behind this little gadget is that you can do your own salon manicure in the comfort of your own home. When I first tried it I was a little bit skeptical. How can you create that perfect long lasting mani by yourself! I tried it out a couple of times. Once I had perfected the whole process I was amazed at how long it lasts. It says on the box that you can have perfect nails for up to 2 weeks. This was never the case with normal varnishes. 

It is so easy to create and it is pretty much fool proof. The polishes themselves are an investment priced at £15 each it isn't your £3.99 drugstore one, but as soon as you have purchased a few they last a really long time. The idea behind me wanting the set was that I would be saving myself money in the long run as I wasn't having to go to the salon each month to get them done. You can buy the set from a variety of places. I got all of the bits together for christmas from my parents from boots, (You can buy that set HERE) but you can buy it all separate as well online along with the different colours. 

I thought I would show you how easy it is to create that perfect mani! 


















The kit works in the same way that you would get it done in a nail salon. You prepare your nail then use the base/top coat and cure it for 30 seconds under the lamp. You then apply two coats of the colour curing between each one for 60 seconds again. Then you apply the base/top coat again and cure it for another 30 seconds. Finally you use the lint free wipes with the cleanser and wipe off any of the excess from the top of the nails. You are then left with nails that will not smudge or budge for at-least 2 weeks. 

I took a picture of my manicured nails using 'Coral Sunset' for two weeks to show how well they held up! 
I took this picture of my nails on the day of painting them. You may have spotted them in my recent Pandora ring post!

This was a photograph uploaded to my Instagram after the first week of having my nails done. During the week I had been at work lifting boxes and doing craft!  
This image shows my nails after the end of the second week. The only noticeable thing are the small gaps where my nails have grown. This is the only issue that you can see. My nails were chip free! 
I hope you enjoyed reading my little review on this nail kit. I couldn't recommend the Sensationail kit anymore! If you are looking for a gel kit investment then you really need to try this out! I can't wait to buy some more colours such as a classic red colour. 

Thanks for reading! 
Lots of love, 


2 comments

  1. I love the sensationail kit, I've pretty much ran out of everything in the kit now though. But I've replaced quite a lot of the polishes with the CND range and they last so much better! Love the coral colour though, perfect for summer x

    www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought of replacing them with other polishes? I have found that the coral colour I have been using recently has lasted much longer than the other sensationail colours. I might try out the CND range!

      Thanks for the lovely comment!

      xxx

      Delete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox