#BeMoreRebel


If you don't know who Rebel Wilson is then you must be living under a rock. She is possibly one of the funniest females to have come out of Hollywood for many years. I have always loved Rebel, I loved Bridesmaids and have been a huge fan ever since. I couldn't believe it when my issue of Elle magazine came through the door with her on the front. I have been a subscriber of Elle for the past 3 years and always love looking at the subscriber covers as they are often much nicer than the stores version. I was shocked to see Rebel on the front, a good shock but a shock never the less. Rebel isn't your typical cover star. Yet her cover is probably the best one that Elle have done in a while. Well done Elle! 






After reading the interview I think it is quite interesting to see that Lorraine Candy (Editor in chief) thought that the interview would write itself with Rebels witty words and humour. Lorraine even went on to write about how she thought the day would go and how she was surprised with the wisdom and knowledge that Rebel had. This is a side to Rebel that I don't think many people see or actually realise. Behind the very successful actress, comedian and soon to be super model, (come on just look at those pictures!) Is a very intelligent lady who has worked very hard to get to where she is. It is shocking to read that as a teenager she was extremely shy. This is the moment in the article where I felt like I could relate to her. I feel like this everyday. I struggle with social anxiety, and coming from probably one of the funniest women in Hollywood I feel empowered. Now don't get me wrong, you are not going to see me locking teachers in cupboards or joining sports teams, but Rebel has shown that you really can be whoever you want to be. 

Rebel dreamt once that she had won an Oscar for acting and worked hard to reach this goal that she had made. People around her were telling her 'You can't be an actress because you are so smart', but she decided that she could be both. She went to Law school during the day and then attended a theatre school in the night. Rebel basically stuck her middle finger up to everyone and did it her way. She won a scholarship to New York and chose comedy because the more serious of characters she played the more the audience would laugh. In the article she also mentions that she wrote a play in two nights then produced it, staged it and then sold it to channel 7. She did all this whilst studying for law and finally graduating! 

More recently Rebel has appeared in the hugely popular Pitch Perfect with Pitch Perfect two coming out last week. What I love most about Rebel is that behind this serious buisness women that she clearly is, is a lady who doesn't take herself too seriously. I think this is the key to her success. 

You can read some of the interview HERE.

I hope you enjoyed reading this type of blogpost. I enjoyed writing it and reading the article! 
Hope you have a lovely week! 
Lots of Love,  
Don't forget to follow an check me out on Social Media!

No comments

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox