June Favourites!



Hello! So I have been on a little hiatus for the past couple of weeks. Basically my brother and father  were out in Brazil building an education centre in Curitiba so me and my mum were on our own. We were filling out our time so that we wouldn't feel like we were missing them too much. I thought seeing as it was the end of June I would put together a little Favourite post!

Style
I have been loving this little combo for the past month. Both items are from Topshop. The jeans are tile print Leigh Jean and are so soft and comfortable. These are the third pair of Jeans I have bought from Topshop and they are by far the most well fitted and comfortable jeans that I have owned as they have the perfect amount of strength and are the perfect size and length for me as I am a shorter person who struggles to find jeans!

Movie
My movie favourite for June has to be Maleficent. We went to see it last Saturday and had such a great time! It was completely different from what I was expecting and I loved it! The storyline is based around the evil fairy queen in sleeping beauty and how she is heartbroken which is the main cause of what she does. I also love how they kept the storyline close to the Grimm tale as possible and didn't 'Disney' it up, (don't get me wrong I love Disney!). First of all Angelina Jolie was absolutely AMAZING in it. You could really relate to her character and even when she was being cruel and nasty you didn't feel like you hated her. Also Elle Fanning plays the character of Aurora perfectly. If you haven't seen it then you must go out and see it soon, or get it on DVD when it comes out.

Theatre
This month as well as having a trip to the cinema I paid for my mum and I to go and see Matilda at the theatre. This is another must see show. From start to finish it felt like you were watching a movie and the singing and talent from both the children and the adult actors was excellent. I had read the reviews and knew that it was supposed to be good but it was so much better than I could have imagined. The little girl playing Matilda had the best voice from a young child that I have heard of and you really felt for her character. Miss Trunchball was equally as good and managed to make her character loved as well as hated when she needed to be. Like all theatre shows that are based off books/films there was a little bit of differentiation, but you forgot that it has been a DVD as it is completely different. I have also been singing the songs in my head for the past week! (Also as I write this I am listening to the soundtrack!).



Magazines
I have been subscribed to Elle magazine for the past 2 years and still love reading it every month. I sign up every September at LFWend as it is cheaper and you often get a lovely subscriber present! I love the mixture of celebrity, fashion and beauty that the magazine gives you. Even though there is far too many adverts, you can look past that with the great tips and content that the magazine has. It is by far my favourite 'fashion' magazine to gain inspiration for my fashion design course that I read. I am also subscribed to Glamour magazine which gives me my 'high street' fashion fix! I would recommend reading both or one of these magazines!

Fashion
My final favourite comes in the form of a bag. I have been saving up for months and I have finally been able to afford it. I am of course talking about my first ever designer handbag. It comes in the form of a Michael Kors bag. I am going to go into this bag later on in detail in next sundays post. But I am absolutely in love with the size of it and I got it for a great price!



I hope you enjoyed this different style of post to the favourites that I usually post on my blog!

Have a lovely week! 





8 comments

  1. Really nice post,dear!
    Keep in touch!!
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those jeans! I loved Maleficent too, and I agree with it not being what I expected! The trailer made it out to be a lot different than it was x

    whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much. They are literally all I have been wearing!

      Yeah I loved the film so much and am wanting to see it again, but it is a complete different angle to the trailer! Oh well! Still brilliant!

      Thanks for the lovely comment!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Love that Michael Kors bag! (=
    xx
    We can follow each other, if you'd like. Just let us know. (=

    Quick Links:
    Follow us via GFC here
    Follow us via bloglovin here

    -

    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Its my little baby, You can check out my most recent post dedicated to it here... http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/my-baby.html

      x

      Delete
  4. Maleficent was so good I definitely agree with you! Your MK bag is gorgeous too
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou! I am in love with it!
    I dedicated a whole post to it here......http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/my-baby.html

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox