Lemon Drizzle Cake!

Todays post is going to be a little different from my usual fashion/beauty posts. I have been LOVING baking recently and after seeing Tanya Burrs video with Zoella it made me rekindle my love for baking Lemon Drizzle cake! I got out my trusty Mary Berry cookbook and made the lemon drizzle tray bake.

This recipe is pretty much the easiest thing you can make and you can't really go wrong. The only thing I found helpful was an electric mixer as it makes the cake have a smooth texture when cooked.

First things first you need to set the oven to 160 degrees. You may also want to grease a tin or line it with greaseproof paper as the overall preparing of the cake happens very quickly.


All you have to do is put everything into the mixing bowl and mix it all together until it becomes a smooth and silky texture. You then put it into the container and put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until you can put a knife in and take it out without anything being on the knife. Whilst you are waiting for it to cook you can then make your topping by mixing together what you need. I would like to add I used icing sugar instead of granulated!


I find the next step better to do whilst it is still in the container. You need to use your knife or a skewer to create a line of holes from the top to the bottom of the cake. You will then pour your icing all over the cake so it can get inside and add some extra 'lemonness' to the taste.

Once the cake has fully cooled then you can take it out of the tray and cut into small squares and then enjoy!


It is such a great smaller cake to enjoy with a coffee or tea! 
Hope you liked this post and let me know if you make this tray bake too! 

Twitter- @Bellamomentox

2 comments

  1. This looks so yummy and it looks quite easy to make too
    check out my blog for some recipes http://gibbongirl11.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for leaving me a comment. It really makes me smile :) Feel free to leave your URLS also so I can check out your blogs too. Have a lovely day! xox